Abusive Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallGuy289

My jurisdiction is: New York, Hempstead

Good Morning,

1.My wife has been exhibiting abusive behavior constantly. She constantly curses me out on a Daily Basis in front of my son and insults me. Every morning she goes nuts cursing, she slams doors and makes it unconfortable for anyone. She has been flooding my work email account with over 100 abusive emails of which I have saved. Last night, she snatched a blanket from under me as if trying to provoke a physical response.
What can I legally do to protect myself? (E,g Refrain from order or restraining order)

2. This summer she is threating to leave the house with my Son for the Summer and taking money to do so to live with her parents. What can I do legally to prevent her from taking him somewhere to live for an extended amount of time?

you can file for divorce and aks for custody. Other than that there may be no way you can keep her from taking the child. Keep the emails though your wife might be depressed or something and might need counselling. If she does take the child your state will have jurisdiction and u can still file for divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back