Abortion laws regaurding father unwillingness to financially support mother

Venusutra

Jurisdiction
Florida
So i am 20 years old and just became pregnant. Neither the father or i are interested in parenting the child. Iwant to get an abortion but he does not want to help pay for it because he "doesnt want to support murder". So i contemplated adoption, but he does not want to help pay for medical bills either, so basically he wants to be free of financial responsibility. Is there anything protecting me financially or keeping him responsible? Thank you

So i am 20 years old and just became pregnant. Neither the father or i are interested in parenting the child. Iwant to get an abortion but he does not want to help pay for it because he "doesnt want to support murder". So i contemplated adoption, but he does not want to help pay for medical bills either, so basically he wants to be free of financial responsibility. Is there anything protecting me financially or keeping him responsible? Thank you

Planned Parenthood provides no cost, or low cost abortions.
Contact your nearest Planned Parenthood for specific information.
Planned Parenthood will also spay you at low cost, or no cost.
If you get spayed you will never have to be concerned about becoming pregnant again.

Planned Parenthood also provides women with IUDs which inhibit pregnancy for up to 5 years, again at low or no cost.

Ask about ALL options.

In many adoption situations, your medical will be covered by the adopting parents or the agency. Please consider looking into the best options for your child.

The man in question is not "the father." He's not "the father" because there's nothing for him to be "the father" of. One of the primary pro-abortion arguments is that it's not murder because a fetus is not a human being. The choice to terminate the pregnancy belongs exclusively to the pregnant woman on the theory that this is simply a personal medical procedure. But you seem to want it both ways. You want some man who isn't the father of the non-human currently residing in your uterus to contribute to the cost of a personal medical procedure. You don't get to have it both ways.

Doesn't your personal medical insurance cover this?

Few insurance policies cover abortion, even when there is a medical need. Even fewer cover when it is "elective". The cost can be considerable and the longer the pregnancy continues, the more expensive it becomes. There are some programs in some states which assist with the cost for those in need, but not always. If the pregnancy continues and you opt to raise the child yourself, you would be entitled to child support for 18 years. Anything before the birth is on you, but you are certainly welcome to remind him of the alternative and see which expense he finds more appealing. Many times the adoptive parents will pay medical costs, but whether to continue a pregnancy with the intention of adoption is a decision only you can make, though you will need to at least inform the father of your intent to place the child for adoption.

He doesn't have to help you pay for an abortion. Abortion is YOUR choice.

He only has responsibility if you give birth and keep that child. Then once his paternity was established he would be on the hook for child support. If you want an abortion get the money yourself. You and he sound like you have no business raising a child nor bringing one into the world. If it's too late now to get one, then put the baby up for adoption when you have it.

Back