Personal Bankruptcy A reconfirmed debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

c2turner

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy and it has been discharged. In that bankruptcy I reconfirmed my vehicle.

Out of curiosity I went to the dealership wanting to get the van appraised and was looking at cars. A salesman came over and the short of it is I left with a 2008 cobalt.

During our session my comment to salesman was, if you can get me into the car with lower payments and take care of what I owe for the van I will deal. Well, after signing everything and I was waiting for my car I saw the salesman and it occurred to me that my van wasn't listed anywhere. And I said I didn't see my van listed anywhere what does that mean. The comment back was. don't worry its taken care of, you had a bankruptcy. So I just went on my merry way.

Now GMAc is after me. The dealership said it was a voluntary repossession. We didn't even discuss my bankruptcy, the only thing I said was when he said I had bankruptcy I said yeah but I reconfirmed with my van. And the salesperson said thats okay everything is taken care of.

Now the dealership is saying that I didn't tell them I reconfirmed (remember we didn't discuss my bankruptcy) and Gmac says I am still responsible. What is right? Am I now gonna be responsible for two vehicle payments, what can I do?

Please help I am trying to rebuild my credit not destroy it. thanks

Yes, you will be responsible for both cars. It is reaffirmed, and when you did that, your contract became as strong as it was before you filed bankruptcy, you will end up paying the deficient balance on that auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back