a label released my music without me sign contracts they have no signed contracts

M

mcmcmc

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
a label released my music without signed contracts
and are claiming my copyright of my own music written and produced and funded by me
is this allowed
if i aint signed the contracts

publishers also claiming my publishing i havent even signed a publishing deal
how do i sort this out
they wont let me play my own music on live streaming as they claim they have rights but no agreement with me
never even heard of these few companies claiming my publishing

help

a label released my music without signed contracts
and are claiming my copyright of my own music written and produced and funded by me
is this allowed
if i aint signed the contracts

publishers also claiming my publishing i havent even signed a publishing deal
how do i sort this out
they wont let me play my own music on live streaming as they claim they have rights but no agreement with me
never even heard of these few companies claiming my publishing

help

i didnt sign the contracts because i never understood them

i didnt sign the contracts because i never understood them

You should have had a lawyer back when you started dealing with those people.

You really need one now.

If you don't hire one, you can kiss all that money goodbye and start from scratch with the next music you write.

You should have had a lawyer back when you started dealing with those people.

You really need one now.

If you don't hire one, you can kiss all that money goodbye and start from scratch with the next music you write.

Spot on, and all I can add is that "mcmcmc" might be under contract to the "UNKNOWN TO US" label, enjoined from performing without their permission, with great likelihood that all earnings from music (published or performed) goes to the "UNKNOWN TO US" label!!!

i kept my name annoyomous and the label name

i just got a reply to meet a lwayer on monday hopefully all is good

i just want to know if i didnt sign contract
and they released who is the rights holder

thanks for replying

i kept my name annoyomous and the label name

i just got a reply to meet a lwayer on monday hopefully all is good

i just want to know if i didnt sign contract
and they released who is the rights holder

thanks for replying

Yes, my responses are filled with useful information (occasionally) and humor (rarely).

I suspect your signature is on file with the the "UNKNOWN TO US" label.
You may not remember what you signed, or what you thought you were signing was different than what you signed.
If its the latter, things may just come up roses for you, mate.

Yes, my responses are filled with useful information (occasionally) and humor (rarely).

I suspect your signature is on file with the the "UNKNOWN TO US" label.
You may not remember what you signed, or what you thought you were signing was different than what you signed.
If its the latter, things may just come up roses for you, mate.

didnt sign nothing as i asked for copies of all signed contracts they say they dont have any paper or digital which i know as i didnt sign anything without legal aid
and now they asking me to sign but the deals are actually no good now ive found out as i didnt sign as i did not have legal advice

thanks

didnt sign nothing as i asked for copies of all signed contracts they say they dont have any paper or digital which i know as i didnt sign anything without legal aid
and now they asking me to sign but the deals are actually no good now ive found out as i didnt sign as i did not have legal advice

thanks

Once that is revealed in court, "UNKNOWN TO US" label will have to prove their assertions.

I think things are looking rather rosy (maybe I should say "pretty paper pound notes" for you), mate.

Once that is revealed in court, "UNKNOWN TO US" label will have to prove their assertions.

I think things are looking rather rosy (maybe I should say "pretty paper pound notes" for you), mate.
thanks ive been really stressed because i worked so hard just like many others and i found all this out now and will go for meeting this monday with lawyer see what happens from there will update if intrested thanks

thanks ive been really stressed because i worked so hard just like many others and i found all this out now and will go for meeting this monday with lawyer see what happens from there will update if intrested thanks

Thank you, mate, I'm curious to know what happens.

thanks will keep you in loop

I've seen a couple cases like this where a relative or other person, usually a manger, finagled a contract in the name of the artist.

The crooked person then began to scam the hard working artist's money.
That may have happened in your case, and the label and the artist were both screwed by the con-artist manager or relative.

There really is nothing to say at the moment except your lawyer will ask the same questions all of us have - "show me proof of the licensing rights you have to have done and claim the things you do about my own creative work." At that point you'll probably hear an answer attempting to justify the actions surrounding your musical works. Sometimes people do things and don't care about the consequences or don't believe you'll sue them. You never know.

Back