A Fine Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

saddad123

My girlfriend took a job in a traveling carnival 2 months ago, and while out there cheated on me to end our 7 year relationship. We have a 4 year old son, who has lived with us in this same domicile his whole life. I have always taken care of him. She came back from carnival April 2nd, told the truth, and moved out, leaving our son here, returning to carnival and new boyfriend. On April 11th she came back, homeless, broke. She slept in her car. Cried alot. I had prepared a child custody case but did not file the papers with the court - I hoped we could work things out about our son, even if the relationship was done. On the 12th we talked for several hours, and I stupidly went to hte store, leaving her and my son together. When I returned 45 minutes later they were gone. I sent her a text - she replied "be back later". By 4:30 I knew something was fishy, and then her text responses were "we are safe" and We are Nowhere. I went to the courthouse and opened the child custody case, filing all the papers, including an order not to remove the child from the state. Around midnight she called, gloating, from Oklahoma. What do I do now? She is unfit, has removed the boy from a stable enviroment he's known his whole life, but is his birth mother and there is no existing court order establishing cuistody. Only the one I have filed, and now it's a horrorshow to serve her the papers. Is there any way or form or pleading I can make to get a court to grant custody without service, immediately, to retain the opened case in Florida. Cops told me it was not abduction, though it really was, but legally a Mom can't abduct if there is no existing custody order. I am at a loss. She has run to her sisters, and I do know the address. Can I serve Florida papers to her in OK? Can I get the judge pissed at her for absconding the child out of the courts jurisdiction?:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back