A Father In Need Of Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fltaylor

Hello I'm a farther in need of help; my situation is some what complicated; in order to get the best response for my question I have to give a little back ground on my situation. I have a seventeen year old daughter that I love very much; from the day she was born I've wanted nothing but my child to have the best life that a good father would want for there child. I just choose the wrong women to have a child with. After a year of marriage I was placed on child support an shortly there after became divorced. I have paid my child support as a father would do but in all fairness there have been times that I did get behind in support not because I didn't want to pay but because of employment an the type of career I had chosen to go into. There were times that the court system would find out that I had received overtime or an additional load to run and based my child support on that particular instance which I found myself in a situation were I was always on the road an never home. To make a long story a short one my health started to fail me an now I'm deemed disabled by the Social Security Dept. My child does receive a SSI check and the court system is taking out money out of my disability check for arrearages that occurred from the time when I lost my job do to my illness and when I was finally approved for my disability. This is my problem my daughter just told me the other day that she is pregnant by a twenty year old man; she has never work a job in her life he works part time at a local walmart with no insurance benefits making $13.00 a hour. Another thing I found out was that her mother gave her permission to date this man ; this is not the only older man she has dated in the recent past I was told that her mother let her at the age of 14 date a older boy who I found out later was 18. Didn't find out until a few day's ago that she had been sleeping with him. All to my amazement the mother gave her permission to do all of this; my daughter kept it from me because she knew how I felt about all of this an didn't want me to report her mom to CPS now she is pregnant an had to tell me. I reported this situation to the authorities in Tennessee; but two days ago I received a call from CPS letting me know they wont be doing anything about this an oh yes the mother previously had been hitting on my daughter for unknown reasons something to do with not being obedient to her mom. This whole situation is a messed up deal everything from what I have listed here an now finding out that the court system is in the process of trying to increase the money that they are taking out of my SSD check to cover my seventeen year old daughter birth of a baby I didn't make nor did I want my child to have. If anyone could help me in way this would be a father who would be very thankful.

Are you absolutely sure that's the reason for the modification attempt?

Has Mom also been sued?

Well, that's all very troubling.

But, the kid is 17 years old, and in a few more months the financial terrorism will end as she becomes an adult.

That said, I suggest you report he matter to the local police agency and see if you can have them prosecute the adult fiend that is alleged to have impreganted your 17 year old child.

Read this link:

http://www.sexlaws.org/answer_board_question-tennessee_statutory_rape

In TN, it appears that a parent (YES, you are one of TWO this child has) can work with the authorities to bring a form or flavor of the old standby STATUTORY RAPE!!!

Appear for the hearing and present your argument. It sounds like mom is asking for a modification due to income. You should counter by requesting the SSI be accepted in lieu of CS, except for arrears.

The children already have dependent benefits. The OP said that "they" were trying to get more from him because of his daughter's baby. That's why I believe we need more info...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [edit]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back