A father for Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzie

Hello, I have been with this wonderful man for almost seven years now and have to little girls with him. Before we were married I brought to the relatioinship a 2 year old little boy from a previous relatioinship from my teen years. My husband has always wanted to adopt my son. My son knows no other father but my husband due to the fact that his natural father wanted nothing to do with him. I have not heard from him in over 10 years and wanted to know how can my husband legally adopt my son. We have never showed our son his birth certificate due to the fact that the father space is blank. please advise...

Consult and hire a lawyer who does adoptions in your state.

Good luck....:angel

I have spoken to a local lawyer and was advise to local the natural fater and have him signs his rights away. Only one prpblem Ihave no idea where to even look.

I have spoken to a local lawyer and was advise to local the natural fater and have him signs his rights away. Only one prpblem Ihave no idea where to even look.

Get another lawyer.

Before you hire a new lawyer, ask the lawyer if he knows what "service by publication" is.

You don't have to know where the bio dad is; you will put an ad in the newspaper and the court pretends that it is good service on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back