9 year old parking ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevro

I recently got sent to collections over a 9 year old parking ticket I had no idea I even had. The address they sent the notice to is the incorrect address. How do I go about fighting this and getting it removed from my credit report. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely Kevro

kevro said:
I recently got sent to collections over a 9 year old parking ticket I had no idea I even had. The address they sent the notice to is the incorrect address. How do I go about fighting this and getting it removed from my credit report. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely Kevro

As far as I know there is no statute of limitations on parking tickets in most states. If they sent the ticket to the wrong address you may be able to fight it at the Department of Motor Vehicles and have them reduce the fines for you. However, be prepared that you are supposed to keep your address current with the DMV and make changes to your driver's license to keep it current. Why did they send it to the wrong address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back