9 year old maybe husband's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook30

My husband was with a recent at the time friend's Ex-girlfriend who already had a child with her. My husband made a mistake trying to show what kind of person she was. At any rate she got pregnant and it could be my husband's, his friend's or maybe someone else. His friend took responsibility for the child and has his name on the birth certificate. If Jason got tested and it turns out to be his would he be responsible for any past or future payments? No one has really spoken about it for 7 years and the mother is not talking about it. The friend has started talking about it since he has gotten married to another woman. The mother had been having custody of the child but the friend now has custody of this child and always of the first child. Also wanted to say neither of them pay support because each one had a child. So now he has both and no support I think.

Last edited:
Your post is a little hard to follow, but if I understand it correctly, then your husband would not have to pay support unless the legal father claimed that he was not the father and was able to disestablish paternity through the court. That's not at all likely since he has had a relationship with the child for 7 years now, and it sounds like he also has custody.

If anyone will have to pay support in this scenario, it will be the mother, I think.

Why would your husband take a paternity test?

Respose to rely to my post

His friend is pretty much blackmailing him getting money here and there for things for the kid, pool membership stuff at the pool and clothes for school. I did some research last night after posting and found in PA unmarried couples have to do one of two things to get your name on the birth certificate. Either A voluntary fill and sign a AOP which you are saying you are the father or B go to court to have it done my husband said he never went to court so he would have had to fill out that paper. So I said you do not have to pay him anymore. Because the kid is considered legally the friend's and he cannot do anything. If the friend had any doubts 9 years ago he would have had to say something before signing the paper.

You are correct. If the friend signed the AOP the he is the legal father and a DNA test probably would not matter anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back