79 in a 55 with rental car

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmorgas

My jurisdiction is: NC Lenoir County

I rented a car (2008 Mazda) to look for my stolen 1998 Honda Civic. It was about 4:30 PM with an overcast and starting to get dark so I was trying to cover as much as possible. The Mazda was doing 79 mph and it didn't seem like it since I was use to the Civic. The state highway patrol gave me the ticket. Later on that night I received a speeding ticket in the city of Kinston for 54 in a 45. Bad day with the stolen car and two speeding tickets.

How should I approach the 79 in a 55 at the court house? My driving record already has about 3 points on it, but they expire in Feb 2009.

The issue here is that there is no approach. You should have slowed down regardless of what the issue was. Consult with a traffic attorney in the NC area to see what suggestions s/he may have for your specific case.

Good Advice

The issue here is that there is no approach. You should have slowed down regardless of what the issue was. Consult with a traffic attorney in the NC area to see what suggestions s/he may have for your specific case.

Thank you for the expert advice.

In NC you do have the right to a jury trial. Usually this will delay everything for a couple of months and by that time your record will be clean. Then have an attorney negotiate something for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back