7 year old ticket comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetongue68

I have recently been informed by mail that I have not paid for a game warden issued ticket.
The ticket was issued a little more than seven years ago in Laredo,Tx. I contacted the local Justice of the Peace and settled on a $250 fine which I promptly paid with a us postal money order, Now the same JP has contacted me saying I never paid for the ticket.
The really unusal part is that now the fine is only $150. I did some research with the postal service and the said the money order was cashed but due to the amount of time that has past they cannot tell me who or when it was cashed. Can anyone tell me what I should do.

bluetongue68 said:
I have recently been informed by mail that I have not paid for a game warden issued ticket.
The ticket was issued a little more than seven years ago in Laredo,Tx. I contacted the local Justice of the Peace and settled on a $250 fine which I promptly paid with a us postal money order, Now the same JP has contacted me saying I never paid for the ticket.
The really unusal part is that now the fine is only $150. I did some research with the postal service and the said the money order was cashed but due to the amount of time that has past they cannot tell me who or when it was cashed. Can anyone tell me what I should do.
You should present proof of payment. I wouldn't worry about the date just yet but showing that payment was made is proof that the JP's records are wrong... assuming that the money order was made out to the correct party. Why can't the post office tell you that info? You can request an investigation be made as I have done in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back