7 legal help websites, yet nobody can answer my question

Jurisdiction
Florida
After many years in a violent marriage, (with numerous injuries, hospitalizations, police reports and shelters) I was FINALLY given a new social security number. (My 4th request, after a traumatic brain injury which left me in ICU for 7 months)....
So, I have new name, new SSN and am getting ready to apply for a nurse anesthetist license in a state where I previously held an RN license in my old name and old SSN...
This is in a state which requires livescan fingerprints for new licensee's. Now, I did this live scan fingerprint thing for my RN license about 9 years ago under my old name and SSN.

What's going to happen when I do this? Will they match the prints from my new name with my old prints and accuse me of impersonating someone....?
(No, I cannot notify the Board of Nursing of my new identity. SS specifically told not to tell ANYONE, or any agency, govt or otherwise, ever. Period.

I've been exciting for a long time to start over... To recover what remains of my life, but I am concerned this might 'alert the authorities' or that I might be accused of, I dunno.... something. (And, no, I have absolutely NO criminal history of any kind)...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Any question that begins, "What will happen when..." can only be answered one way. That way is, "We don't know". No one here has a crystal ball (well, not one that works). We don't know what "they" will do or what they might suspect.

Will they match the prints from my new name with my old prints

I don't need a crystal ball to answer that question with almost a guaranteed yes.

and accuse me of impersonating someone....?

That part is impossible to predict but I would guess that you would, at the very least, be asked for an explanation.

(No, I cannot notify the Board of Nursing of my new identity. SS specifically told not to tell ANYONE, or any agency, govt or otherwise, ever. Period.

Then maybe you'd better find a line of work that doesn't require you to submit fingerprints for a background check because ANY place where you have to be fingerprinted is likely going to turn up your former identity.

My sympathies for what must have been a very traumatic experience. However, this is not a legal issue. It's a procedural issue. Your question implies that you're expecting to have every agency, licensing board and other organization that has your old information somehow be updated with your new identity and information and they will swap out the old identity with the new one. And it will be seamless somehow because even though you don't inform them of the change they will somehow know but not really know about your old identity. That information will be sealed.

As everyone above mentioned, unless that magic takes place you're going to experience what you expect to happen will happen. Considering that you're not the first person to go through this experience, what were you advised? Did you ask anyone to set you up with an adviser on how to handle a new identity? Keep in mind that your profession is also a piece of information that can be used in an effort to locate you. If you're a licensed podiatrist then someone trying to find you will search for podiatrists in a certain area. You'll benefit from help in trying to create a new life and I'm sorry that we're not the place with this information and that you haven't received it from the authorities who helped you. Good luck.

I'm not sure who you spoke with at SSA who told you to never ever admit to your old name, but there certainly isn't a law that would prohibit you doing so. On most background checks it will ask for other names you have used. This might be a maiden name or other legal names you have had in the past. I don't see why you couldn't put the prior held name. You are going to run into the same issue when you try to have past education and employment verified. If you were Mary Jones and now you are Susie Smith, when employers call to verify that Susie worked or went to school there, they aren't going to get very far.

Back