3000 $ fee to get started? Can't I do it myself until I decide to sue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonphysikal

I have a open and shut case against my previous employer. The law firm I was referred to said if I pay 3000.00 They can take the case. I don't have 3000.00$. Was that their way of blowing me off ?

Honestly? Yes. Your case is not open and shut or, if it is, the financial reward wouldn't be worth it.

I have a open and shut case against my previous employer. The law firm I was referred to said if I pay 3000.00 They can take the case. I don't have 3000.00$. Was that their way of blowing me off ?

No one can say for sure if the law firm was "blowing you off".
The law firm is in business to make money.
No one works for free, except a very small number of people who serve a higher calling or cause.
The $3,000 was likely a retainer to bind the deal.
Had you agreed, a signed contract would have been arranged spelling out what the firm was to do for the $3,000.
Never engage any lawyer, unless you and the firm agree and each party signs a retainer.

I know of no law firm that does employment law cases on a contingency basis, as some firms do for certain accident cases.

If you want to know something, always ask the horse's mouth, not his derriere.
If you're hungry for the truth, ask the law firm directly.
You'll get an answer, especially if they sputter, whistle, and whir.

Last edited:
I don't know what type of case you have/believe you have against your former employer & how much you except to win but you have to decide if you believe it is worth $3,000. (& that might be just to start) You can also check with some other law firms to see what they say. Who referred you to that law firm. You said you were referred to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back