3 yr. old girl sleeping arrangements w/father

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane

I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. Her father has visitation one night a week. He recently moved to an apartment that he shares with another guy, so has both his and my daughter's bed are in one bedroom. Although this is not ideal, I accepted it. Now I find out that my ex's girlfriend sleeps with him in one bed, with my daughter inthe other bed. The girlfriend does not live there, just stays over. This is a terrible message to send a child. Can I petition the court to change the visitation to somehow prevent this? If so, what are my chances at being successful? On another note, our current visitation papers state that my daughter cannot be taken to a bar (or an establishment without a non-smoking area) and yet my daughter tells me that my ex takes her to his favorite hang out anyway. What do I do?

As far as the sleeping arrangements, there probably is nothing you can do about that. He is entitled to do what he wants on his time. Most courts will not care if he has an overnight guest unless you can prove this woman is a danger to the child. As far as the bar, I suppose if you think its detrimental to the girls health, file a motion in court BUT you are going to need more proof than the words of a 3 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back