3 day vacate due to selling narcotics

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachel2010

In order to save my house a friend of mine suggested his friends to rent my home. To move fast we had an verbal lease agreement. Home owner association contacts me indicating my renters are selling narcotics out of my home, law enforcement watching house had reason to search person coming out of my rental searched and seized lunch bag full of marijuana, but get this the suspect had legal card for smoking marijuana. However appears several marijuana plants around property. Due to them selling drugs out of my rental HA want them out as do I. Put a 3 day vacate, after 5 days their still in my rental home won't leave they talking about they have rights were staying for our 20 days. They have been served with 7 days respond is their any other faster way legally I can get them out under the circumstances???? Help

You have officially started the eviction process.
They have the right to ignore you.
Only a judge can cause their eviction.
If time passes and they don't leave, you will have to bring a legal action to evict them.

Get an attorney or do it yourself.

Just because the a person had dope, doesn't mean your renters sold it to him.

So, get your eviction papers drawn up and get ready to serve them.

Expect this process to drag on from six to eight weeks, if you're lucky.

The sooner you go to court and begin the eviction, the sooner you can get them out. If you wait 20 days you will find out that they are still there, then you just have to wait that much longer. No, there is no fast option here- though if you want them out fast you can offer a little cash to hurry them along. Once they are out, keep them out.

Thank you for responding,
Are either of you attorneys?
Why would it drag on for 6_8 weeks? Is there something the renters can do to drag it do long? What if they don't respond on time? Judge will be in my favor for default?

Not an attorney- but I am a deputy that gets called on a regular basis by upset folks just like yourself that demand to have someone thrown out for various reasons. I have to explain to them the same thing- without an order from the court I can not and will not put someone out on the street. Getting that order requires that you follow a specific process laid out in the law, and that process is tenant friendly and provides them ample time to correct the problem or leave voluntarily before being booted- it takes time.

The answer to your question though, as to a faster way, is generally no, there isn't. If you have the cash to do so and want to buy their cooperation to get them out, that is about the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back