Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 2nd offense shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrulyRemorseful

I was caught shoplifting for the 2nd time. I'm 28 years old and I feel embarrassed and truly remorseful. The first time I was given unsupervised probation, which I just got off of last month. I was caught again yesterday at another store.

I cooperated and the woman assured me I didn't seem like the type and I would have as little punishment as possible. The police were called and they came and issued me a citation to appear in court in two weeks. I asked if I would go to jail and they said no, I had to appear for booking and fingerprinting, then I would possibly have a hearing that day, but then I would be released.

What would my punishment possibly be? I'm still worried about serving jail time, even though the police assured me I wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a retail theft consultant and answer questions like your daily. First off remove name of store that can cause you problems. Next talk to a Lawyer No one else. Jail is an option and whomever you spoke with at store does not know about your past likely. Judges hate repeat offenders and even more so, so soon after first offense. You need to be proactive here. I had a client in a similar situation who I advise to take and complete an Anti Shoplifting course like one offered by Non Profit group NASP www.shopliftingprevention.org he took his completion letter to court and Judge dismissed his case on the spot no probation! I cannot say same will happen for you but it can only help and wont hurt.

I was caught shoplifting for the 2nd time. I'm 28 years old and I feel embarrassed and truly remorseful. The first time I was given unsupervised probation, which I just got off of last month. I was caught again yesterday at another store.

I cooperated and the woman assured me I didn't seem like the type and I would have as little punishment as possible. The police were called and they came and issued me a citation to appear in court in two weeks. I asked if I would go to jail and they said no, I had to appear for booking and fingerprinting, then I would possibly have a hearing that day, but then I would be released.

What would my punishment possibly be? I'm still worried about serving jail time, even though the police assured me I wouldn't.

STOP stealing. If jail or prison worries you, STOP taking things that don't belong to you.

If you have kleptomania, seek a psychologist or psychiatrist to help you.

You got caught twice, but you've gotten away with it dozens of times, that's why you keep doing it.

If you get jail time, it'll be no more than a couple days. But, I doubt if that'll happen.
You'll get more fines, pay some fees, take a few more classes that don't seem to help you, get some more probation, and start the cycle all over again.

Get help, because eventually you will end up in a filthy prison.

You are unlikely to serve any jail time beyond the initial booking for a pretty theft offense. Probation, fines, community service hours are more likely.

The fact is you are a habitual thief. I knew someone like you before. After her 3rd or 4th shoplifting episode, a FL judge put her in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back