Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 27 years without a d/l.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnkIl

I've had my driving privledges revoked in Illinois; since 1983, due to 4 DUI's. I've not had any driving incidences, in the last 27 years. I have some paperwork, from back then, which at the time, I couldn't afford, to do 1 month in house rehab. I've been taking care of child support for my kids, the last 22 years, and have become adept @ using public transportation, to get to & from work; up until I was laid off last May. My main concern with asking my question is; It would greatly improve my employment chances, with a driver's liscence. Before I try and figure out how I'd be able to afford a lawyer, I thought I'd try for some free advice.

Have you recently applied for a license?

After almost 30 years, records get purged or destroyed.

Go ahead and apply, you might just get one!

If not, you'll at least know what you need to do to get one, because they will tell you.

Congratulations on obeying the laws these last three decades and taking care of your children.

I hope you get your license back and do it on your own.

I think you will probably raise some red flags, being your age and not having an ID for the last 30 years... they just might dig your info up.

In Illinois you'll have to likely appeal your revocation before a hearing officer. I would hope they'd give it to you. Then, most likely, you'll have to have a year with a interlock device in your car. Then after that you'll have to go before a hearing officer, again, to see if you can have unrestricted privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back