24 year get back child support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

needinadvice

Hi,
My mom had me with just some random guy at the time and he was never in my life. My mom hated him so much that she didn't put him on my birth certificate. In the past year I have found him and at first he seemed like a really great guy, but his true colors are starting to show and I just don't see myself being able to have a relationship with this man. I'm wondering if I can get back child support, or my mom can file for it.

I live in WV and I'm not sure what the laws are since he wasn't on my birth certificate. Even though a simple blood test would prove he's my father.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

Sorry, it's too late. Since your mother never filed for support and you are over 18, there is no way to file for child support now. The only exception is that if your mother received state assistance, the CSE may want to collect from him, but you wouldn't see any of the money.

Nope, neither you or mom are entitled to anything because mom did not even establish paternity so you have no idea if this man if your father or not. Anyways way too much time has passed. You can always ask this man for a DNA test to see if he is your dad but neither you or mom are entitled to anything from him this late in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back