Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI 20yo w/ DWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinx615

I'm 20 years old and was driving down the road when I saw a police cruiser had pulled someone over. After passing, the police officer swerved out and pulled me over for not moving to the outside lane as I passed. He then told me I looked "blazed" and removed me from the vehicle and conducted a field sobriety test. After seemingly passing this test, he told me to take an on-field breathalizer or my license would be suspended for refusal. I took the test and blew a .01. Because I'm underage, I was arrested, taken down to the station, and booked. I was then let go without bond.

I have previous arrests but it's been nearly 2 years. I was originally arrested at 16 for burglary of a gun. On house arrest and probation, I received 3 other arrests for being drunk (not driving), failing a drug test, and stealing a cd from walmart. I was then given 6months prison, of which I served 80% time for. I was released about a year ago from prison.

This was all in Massachusetts and I moved to NC right after I was released from prison.

I want to know how exactly I should handle myself when my court day comes and what I can possibly do to minimize this situation. I cannot afford an attorney and will have to deal with public defenders.

Thank you!

.01?

Lowest I've ever heard of someone is .02, and that's for minors. . .

I think you pissed off the cop, and he's trying to get at you with as many charges as possible, even if they shouldn't stick. You shouldn't have been charged if you show up as .01. . . definately fight it.

I did some research and found that although most states have a limit of .02 for minors, NC has a "zero tolerance" policy meaning .01 can still be arrestable. Though it is the law technically, I certainly hope the judge favors me. A .01 has got to be below the margin of error for the breathalyzer anyway. I sure hope this gets thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back