"2008 I was assaulted by another employee"Now i need HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellmayer

At the end of 2008 I was assaulted by another employee,I got many marks on my breast, when we came to office I had a seizure and they had to call 911.

Two of us were suspended because I was her supervisor, after a week of investigation, she was fired and I return to work. What happens is, about a week ago, I started having nightmares about it, I know that at that time she was sick and I had notified my superior many times, but nothing was done until the day she attacked me, I felt sorry for her, but now with nightmares all came back to my mind, I asked couple friend about her, but she's not got another job. I wonder if I still have time to start a lawsuit against the company. if there is any lawyer among us, who can advise me, I will be grateful. I went to the HR,I ask about the pictures taken, and the report,but the have none.I don't know were to start,what to do it.

If I still have the rights to do it something.Because if i still have time i will do it nightmares they must have a reason, I feel tormented, at no time did I judge her as guilty, but the other managers for not listening to me, should I do something.
please help me.[/I][/B]

Talk to a local attorney or two about this incident. I don't think you can do anything about this now. It might be too late because if the statute of limitations.

But, talking to a couple of local attorneys couldn't hurt. It could be quite informative. The initial consult is normally at no charge. If there is a way to sue, they'll tell you your options.

Given that (1) this happened three years ago (2) the woman who assaulted you was fired and (3) you were not, I will be extremely surprised if you have any cause of action against the employer. In fact, I doubt you had one even at the time. This is not the world of Minority Report - the employer cannot discipline her for actions she has not taken yet, and if she was, as you suggest, "sick", then had they taken any action before she actually did anything, they might have been sued for illegally discriminating against her rights. It's a shame you had to go through what you did, but I really can't see how the company is legally liable.

I'm not saying don't talk to an attorney; I'm saying don't expect too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back