2007 income tax return done incorrectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queenbee

My 2007 tax return was done incorrectly by a professional which cost me a tax liablity of 12,698. But after interest and penalties I paid over 16,000. Last payment made for this debt was in 2011. This year I went to a new company in Middlesex, NJ to review my past tax returns and I was informed that my 2007 return was done completely wrong. So I filed an amendment in April 2012 and 6 months later 10/2012 I received a letter from IRS stating they are disallowing my claim because I filed my amendment 3 years after I filed my return. If my taxes were done correctly I would have never had to pay that debt. I am filing a appeal! What are my chances in winning back money that never was suppose to be paid and can IRS cheat me out of my money legally?

My 2007 tax return was done incorrectly by a professional which cost me a tax liablity of 12,698. But after interest and penalties I paid over 16,000. Last payment made for this debt was in 2011. This year I went to a new company in Middlesex, NJ to review my past tax returns and I was informed that my 2007 return was done completely wrong. So I filed an amendment in April 2012 and 6 months later 10/2012 I received a letter from IRS stating they are disallowing my claim because I filed my amendment 3 years after I filed my return. If my taxes were done correctly I would have never had to pay that debt. I am filing a appeal! What are my chances in winning back money that never was suppose to be paid and can IRS cheat me out of my money legally?

The IRS can do most anything they want to do.

That said, no one can predict what will happen insofar as any legal matter is concerned.

Yes, you can appeal.

Will you prevail?

Most people don't, some people do.

I suggest you Google "IRS tax debt resolution".

There are a couple really, really good firms out there.

Do YOUR due diligence, as I will not recommend one by name.

If you select a GOOD firm, you'll be very happy with the outcome.

If you persist in trying to resolve this alone, "wash, rinse, repeat".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back