20 year old girl dating a 15 year old boy with NO SEX happening

D

DanielleWray

Jurisdiction
New York
So my sister is 20 years old and her boyfriend is 15, they are not having sex and when they hang out it's always under supervision. Can she get in trouble for dating a 15 year old? His parents approve and like her I'm just so worried sister I don't want my sister getting in trouble

Nothing good ever comes of this. She is living very dangerously.

As you describe it, no, there isn't anything illegal happening.
However, what you don't know is what is most dangerous. Don't assume that if there was sexual activity taking place that you would know about it. There are ways she can still get in trouble even without sex.
If she wants to risk prison and a lifetime of sex offender registration that is up to her. Hopefully her family will help her come to her senses and learn how to be an adult and leave the children alone.

As Mighty Moose says, nothing good comes of these types of "relationships".

One wonders what a 20 year old and 15 year have in common?

That said, it would be in the best interests of both parties to end any and all contact.

And frankly, it does not speak well of your sister that she finds equal companionship in a 15 year old.

I'm surprised his parents approve.

I'm surprised his parents approve.

In many cases, pedophiles spread lies, deceive parents to perpetrate their heinous, disgusting misdeeds.

Parents should always be vigilant, as there are those who wish to commit horrific acts against their beloved children.

FYI Sex does not have to be physical to violate existing laws. Its unlikely one or both will not try to expand the relationship to next level. This is a VERY POOR idea

In many cases, pedophiles spread lies, deceive parents to perpetrate their heinous, disgusting misdeeds.

Parents should always be vigilant, as there are those who wish to commit horrific acts against their beloved children.

I know but I'm just surprised they would approve of their 15 yr. old going out with a 20 yr. old.

I know but I'm just surprised they would approve of their 15 yr. old going out with a 20 yr. old.

The child's parents might not approve.
They might have been told lies to cover up the true age of the 20 year old.
Perhaps she said she's a tutor, mentor, or counselor.
In my experience, some parents are clueless, some don't care, and others are too trusting.

The child's parents might not approve.
They might have been told lies to cover up the true age of the 20 year old.
Perhaps she said she's a tutor, mentor, or counselor.
In my experience, some parents are clueless, some don't care, and others are too trusting.

Oh I know. I was just going by what OP said.

Except she is not a pedophile by definition unless she started to date him when he was 13 years old or younger. She's a child molester. But she's not a pedophile. "Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children."

The boy is jail bait though.

Except she is not a pedophile by definition unless she started to date him when he was 13 years old or younger. She's a child molester. But she's not a pedophile. "Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children."

The boy is jail bait though.

Yeah, thanks for sharing, like I give a WHATEVER

That's fine. Just saying. And in three years it won't even matter anyway. She still has issues but eh.

I don't obsess over the issues others stumble into, or charge into.

To take the Bard out of context, "What's in a name, would that a pile of monkey dung stink anyway?"

Back