2 Motions for Guardian Ad Litem, Court did not appoint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianeHalcomb

Ohio Pro Se' mother motioned (written and orally) for a Guardian Ad Litem on Sept. 28, 2009 and orally at a hearing on Oct. 14, 2009 in front of a Magistrate. An in-camera interview with the child, took place on Oct. 13, 2009 behind judges chambers. To date, there have been no Guardian Ad Litem appointed for my 10 yr. old daughter.

The Ohio revised code book discloses that if an in-camera interview takes place and a parent has motioned the court for an guardian ad litem the court, must by law RC 3109.04(B)(2)(a) appoint a guardian ad litem for the child.

Question: Am i missing something here, are there loopholes in the RC 3109.04 Code with this Ohio court? Can I find this court in contempt, go after damages, for this court not appt. a guardian ad litem? Just what are my civil rights as an Ohio mother and what actions can i take against this court?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Can you find the court in contempt? Well that's a new one. I'll admit sometimes Judges are pretty contemptuous of the law but you can't find them in contempt per se. What has been the response when you tried to get a guardian ad litem appointed? Did they just ignore your request? Did you file a formal motion or did you just mention it in some pleading? What sort of action is pending? Deprivation, Juvenile/criminal, divorce, custody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back