Assault & Battery 1st degree misdemeaner assualt: Not adjudicated guitly, dismissed in civil court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobert

My wife falsely charged me with assault in order to steal my car after I told her I could not afford to buy her a car. She attacked me in the bathroom of our home and tried to cut me; I grabbed her arm to prevent it--that was all I did; she denied her assault and lied about the car; I was arrested without interview by the arresting officer--who phoned in the arrest. The case was dismissed in Civil court with the judge stating there was not enough evidence under Florida law to enter a charge. But the state court decided to pursue the issue. My attorney advised me not to testify at trial. But the jury convicted me based on my wife's testimony, even after the arresting officer admitted he made a mistake in arresting me (he never interviewed me nor did he read my statement made at the sheriff's office where I went to report her; he simply phoned in the arrest based on my wife's testimony). I appealed the conviction, but have not been given another trial. Turns out the judge was my attorney's first cousin, but still no re-trial. I have had to pay a huge fine and undergo 6 months of domestic violence classes. I am a Registered Nurse and Minister; and I had to divorce her because of her lies and attack.

My problem is I have met a woman in the Philippines who I wish to immigrate and marry, and I am being told by many people that Home Land Security will deny my request. Is there anything I can do? I've never been in trouble a day in my life prior to the above.

My wife falsely charged me with assault in order to steal my car after I told her I could not afford to buy her a car. She attacked me in the bathroom of our home and tried to cut me; I grabbed her arm to prevent it--that was all I did; she denied her assault and lied about the car; I was arrested without interview by the arresting officer--who phoned in the arrest. The case was dismissed in Civil court with the judge stating there was not enough evidence under Florida law to enter a charge. But the state court decided to pursue the issue. My attorney advised me not to testify at trial. But the jury convicted me based on my wife's testimony, even after the arresting officer admitted he made a mistake in arresting me (he never interviewed me nor did he read my statement made at the sheriff's office where I went to report her; he simply phoned in the arrest based on my wife's testimony). I appealed the conviction, but have not been given another trial. Turns out the judge was my attorney's first cousin, but still no re-trial. I have had to pay a huge fine and undergo 6 months of domestic violence classes. I am a Registered Nurse and Minister; and I had to divorce her because of her lies and attack.

My problem is I have met a woman in the Philippines who I wish to immigrate and marry, and I am being told by many people that Home Land Security will deny my request. Is there anything I can do? I've never been in trouble a day in my life prior to the above.

If you're smart and really want to marry the woman in the PI, hire an immigration attorney and do it the right way.

Besides, we don't offer extensive advice such as you require.

You can also contact Homeland Gestapo and see what those jack booted thugs advise.

Their advice is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back