Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI 18-21 DUI Bail

K

Keith Adams

Jurisdiction
Mississippi
Between 18 and 21? Caught drinking and driving? You're going to jail
City of Madison sets new guidelines on DUI arrests

Basically, I'm questioning the legality of forcing a person accused of DUI between ages 18 and 21 to be bailed out of jail only by their parents or legal guardian. This is only applicable to those arrested in Madison, MS. Keep in mind that this part of Mississippi has been challenged by the federal government in the past for unconstitutional ordinances. Most recently, a case in nearby Ridgeland, MS regarding rezoning of rental property was investigated by HUD.

HUD charges Ridgeland targeted removal of minorities with zoning law - Mississippi Business Journal

I look forward to your responses.

I look forward to your responses.

My response, don't consume alcoholic beverages (or illegal drugs or abuse legal drugs) and drive, even if you were 1,500 years of age.

Don't possess, touch, gaze upon, sniff, much less consume alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or abuse legal drugs if you are under the age of majority, in all US states, 21 years of age.

If everyone obeyed THEIR laws (no matter where you reside or travel) you'd never end up in one of THEIR jails, and they'd never get your money for THEIR bail.

Be smart, OBEY their laws, beat them at their own game.

ALL CRIME MATTERS, OBEY ALL OF THEIR LAWS.

Basically, I'm questioning the legality of forcing a person accused of DUI between ages 18 and 21 to be bailed out of jail only by their parents or legal guardian.

The article doesn't say that explicitly although some might infer that.

The main point mentioned is that there is a mandatory two days in jail before being released.

Basically, I'm questioning the legality of forcing a person accused of DUI between ages 18 and 21 to be bailed out of jail only by their parents or legal guardian.

Who are you to question the legality of anything? Are you the one who got arrested and had to be bailed out by your parents?

At any rate, anybody between the ages of 18 and 21 who is not happy about getting arrested and being bailed out only by parents is free to take the case up on through the appellate court level and try to get the law overturned on constitutional grounds.

Back