Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI 17yr old open container

Status
Not open for further replies.

concernmom

My son got pulled over last night the undercover said he pulled out in front of them, they found a liquor bottle in the back, my son said he didnt know where. The Car has been in the drive way tore up, so the look my 17yr old up for Open Container, possion of alcohol being a minor. They did not read him is rights, i begged he is planning on going to college. I thought they could have just given him a ticket. What should I do. I lost he is a great kid with a bright future ahead of him. if he is charged what will they do to him...

Nothing. He will most likely get a deferred sentence, get probation, do community service,pay a fine, stay clean, let time pass, the whole thing gets wiped away.

Yes, they could have simply issued a citation. There were likely some very good reasons for why he did not get cited.
Depending on the circumstances it may not have been necessary to tell him his rights. It is not always required.
If he does not have a record then expect this to work itself out quickly and easily.

Don't be so panic he will get out of it get a lawyer for some legal help but it does not look a strong case against your son. He will go to college this thing can't keep him away from doing it. As a minor he wont be having hard legal judgement against him in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back