17 years old running away

Sjpang

Okay so I'm 17 and I hate living with my mom and her boyfriend, they are both really disrespectful and hurtful. I have a boyfriend who is also 17 he'll be 18 in December and he has his own trailer right next to his mom's it's in amazing shape and in living condition. I want to leave and my mom just won't let me is there any way that I can leave without getting sent away or him getting into trouble. There are no drugs or illegal anything being used in the house or his family, everything is paid for every month on time. Can I just leave since I'm 17? What will happen?

Okay so I'm 17 and I hate living with my mom and her boyfriend, they are both really disrespectful and hurtful. I have a boyfriend who is also 17 he'll be 18 in December and he has his own trailer right next to his mom's it's in amazing shape and in living condition. I want to leave and my mom just won't let me is there any way that I can leave without getting sent away or him getting into trouble. There are no drugs or illegal anything being used in the house or his family, everything is paid for every month on time. Can I just leave since I'm 17? What will happen?

You can leave, but mom can make trouble for you and him.
I suggest you chill until you turn 18, then you can leave at one second after midnight on the day of your birth.
that sword cuts two ways, because mom can kick you out at one second after midnight on the day of your birth at age 18.
If you do leave, expect trouble all around.

As long as you are under 18, you live where your mom says you live. If you leave without permission, either she or the cops, or both, can come get you and drag you back home. As a former poster used to say, 17 is not 18 lite. At 17, you are still under Mom's custody, care and control.

At 18, you can walk out, live wherever you want, and no one can say a word. (The flip side of that coin, as AJ mentions, is that Mom will have no legal obligation to pay one thin dime towards your support.) But at 17, you don't leave unless Mom chooses to let you.

Agree with the other responders. Until you are 18 you live where your Mother says. Sorry.

Back