Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayola

hello,my daughter was with some friends(she is on antidepressents)and they were snorting some H.she had a couple of terrible month,lost girlfriends and one was killed in an atv accident,not to excuse the drug use but I think thats what they are doing to forget reality.well the guy and his brother brought her home ,she was ,I guess in terrible shape.her friend went to wake up my son since they were obviously concerened.my son looked at her ,she was white as a ghost and her lips were blue.he called 911.after that he called me at work.so you get a call at 4:30 am while at work and knowing how rough it has been for her and I am just flipping out.my son told the cops that I was on my way home.I get there nothing but caos around my house, I don't know what is going on,getting into my house, I see people standing around ,the gurnee is in my hallway blocking my way to see my daughter,I am really flipping and than I have this cop yelling at me to back up and something with arresting and I am thinking whatever I want to see my daughter, all of a sudden two cops slam me over my microwave yelling more saying I am resisting I finally yelled back and said you are hurting my arm,had to say that twice and than they took me to jail,I'm like what is going on??my son later told me if I would have calmed down they would have let me go,yeah right I think this made matters worse I was even more upset.I don't care if my daughter is 19 or older she will always be my baby and I would always react the same way.maybe someone should have tried to catch me outside and tried to explain to me what was happening,apparently she had od'd and they had to revive her but what was that crap,now they are charging me with resisting and obstructing.for what I did not ask the police to be in my house and abuse/violate me ,that's how I felt.my son tried to come and help me to calm me down but those two officers didn't let him through like they really just wanted to get at someone I don't know .help I need some input,my courtdate is coming up.

Last edited:
Don't speak to anyone except your lawyer. If you can't afford one, plead not guilty and one would be appointed for you. From your side of the story it seems to be a massive misunderstanding during a very emotional period. Only your lawyer would see all the evidence during discovery and be best able to assist you. I can't say more not know all their reasons, statements and witnesses in this matter.

When medics and the police are involved in what could be a life threatening situation, the LAST THING they need to deal with is panicked family members and friends. They did not care why you were there or who you were, they needed you out of the way and you apparently failed to heed that advice. Since their first concern is the treatment of the patient and not your feelings, they opted to remove you from the mix by arresting you.

You did not have to invite them in. Once they were advised of the medical aid, and they were allowed inside, they were permitted to take whatever action necessary to save her life. The police and medics did not NEED your permission to do that. In fact, had they waited for you, chances are your daughter would be dead.

Yes, it is a sad state of affairs to have to arrest a family member for some tragedy, but, if that's what needs to be done ...

Also, it is very likely that the charges will not be pressed. In my state a situation like this usually results in a disposition from the DA as being: "Matter settled by arrest" or some similar sentiment.

If you are charged with a criminal offense, speak to an attorney.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back