Other Immigration Law 16 year old traveling to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

akulim25

hello
I have a friend who has a relative who is 16 years old. The 16 year old wants to travel to New York from TX for the summer by airplane, but is not a citizen,but she does have a school ID. She has permission form her mother to go but her mother just wants to make sure they dont ask her daughter for her legal status at the airport. So her question is, do they have a right to ask her daughter for her legal status at the airport? Should she let her go?

Thank you for your time

The TSA will require the 16 year old (if she is traveling alone) to show proper government issued identification. I suppose she could get away with showing a school ID card at a smaller airport.

I suggest you Google "TSA air travel documents and advice". The airline's website will also provide you with a list of acceptable travel documents.

Bottom line, if this child is an illegal alien (and wishes to continue to conceal her crime), she'd be better off NOT using air transportation. Her best bet to avoid detection is NOT to go anywhere.

Will TSA inquire? Who knows what those "jack booted thugs" will do at any given minute of any given day???

Last edited:
As for the law she can let her go but legal status will also be checked as proof which is her ID and certificate by the Govt.
Olathe immigration law group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back