16 year old out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

121hartz

I have had custody of my 16 year old daughter since we divorced when she was 2. Her dad has had partical custody one night a week and an overnight on the weekend, which we have always worked out until now. I would not let her go to 2 different parties 3 weeks ago and now she wants to live with her dad. She has since came up with 1/2 week at one house other 1/2 at the others house. I now gave up child support because she said she would move with her dad if I did not. Do I have any legal grounds to stand on to make her come home or at her age is she really in charge?

It sounds like you have residential custody of your daughter, and she visits with her dad one night a week and on the weekends. It also sounds like she has decided, not the courts to spend half the week at her dad's house. I am not an attorney, and you should check with your state laws, but she is a minor, and unless her father makes a motion for reallocation of parental rights and responsibilities you are still the residential custodian. If she doesn't want to listen, there are charges for unruly children.

She is not in charge and if she does not come home you cal call the police.

You gave up child support because she basically blackmailed you into it? All because Dad will let her do what she wants? Did you go to court for that?

Tell her she follows the court order, or you have the cops come over to pursuade her to come home (they may not be able to force her though). If Dad doesn't make her, he will be in contempt.

Apparently, she IS in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back