16- Drug possesssion/distribution charge. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wereallmonsters

I'm Emily, 16 years old. I recieved a 'pot brownie' at school on thursday. I didn't eat any of it, but I had it in my purse. I asked my friend if she wanted half, because she told me the day before shed pay for half. She said she didn't have the money so we walked to class. In class she asked for a bite so she took a bite of it, then my other friend did the same. Anyway, we got caught and the school cop came and got me. She told me it was a felony to have possession of marijuana in food, and i distributed it by giving them a bite. This is my first offense, I've never even been to the principal's office before. What can I do to not get a felony? I already gave them names of the dealer ):

I don't think you'll get a felony for a pot brownie. The amount of pot in there was probably almost negligible although the police officer is right about distributing the marijuana to someone else. Were you arrested? Are you being charged? If you're not being charged you won't need a criminal lawyer to represent you and you should be careful about what you say and how this matter is treated. At this point you may need legal representation if you're being charged because you admitted to possession and also gave information regarding the marijuana supplier. You may wish to speak to a criminal lawyer regarding your options before a judge but, before a principal, my guess is that you'll have a parent there to assist you unfortunately. I hope things turned out ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back