15 year old daughter having baby support issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

llawrence3737

My daughter is 15 years old and 9 months pregnant. The father's mom has been great about helping us get things ready for the baby. They have said to us to come up with an amount for them to help pay for the baby once he is born. The baby's father is also only 15 years old. Is his parents responsible for child support until he is old enough to get a job and pay himself? And how do we determine how much?

The 15 yr old father has no earnings capability. So the court may order a small amount of CS and it is up to him to how it gets paid. Your daughter needs to understand that she has a baby to raise and she is primarily responsible for it, so she also needs to figure out how she is going to support it. At 15 adoption would probably be a better idea.

Wouldn't his parents be responsible for him until he is 18. Since he is responsible for the baby also, not just my daughter, I would think that his parents would have to help with child support.

No, legally his parents have no responsibility to pay child support on his behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back