1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

15 pregnant

Discussion in 'Juvenile Crime, Law & Court' started by Leximullins2, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Leximullins2

Leximullins2 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Georgia
    Hi I'm 15 years old Im also pregnant I will be 16 December . My parents are wondering is it legally acceptable for me to be able to drop out at the age of 15 to raise this baby .

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Then your parents need to talk to a lawyer in Georgia about it. No one here is going to give you permission to drop out of school.

3. shrinkmaster

shrinkmaster Well-Known Member

Not to mention its unlawful to have sex at your age

Disabled Vet likes this.
  4. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

I'd be more concerned about the male who got you pregnant. How old is he? I sure as hell would not let my daughter quit school if she got pregnant. Plenty of teen moms finish school. A girl in my class (I graduated in 2000) had her oldest son our senior year of high school and she still graduated. She's married now with two other kids and successful. It's up to you.

Also - just because you got pregnant doesn't make you an adult.

5. KatDini

KatDini Well-Known Member

What did the school administration say when your parents asked that body about when you could drop out of school? Adoption is a very real option for someone your age. Baby gets mature loving parents, you get to grow up to have at least a high school education.