100 mile relocation rule specifics

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoyled

I am looking to relocate with my children. But have the 100 mile relocation rule in my decree. What I cannot find anywhere is what that specifically means. Is it 100 miles old city to new city. 100 miles from fathers residence to new city, or what? My ex and I currently live 10 miles from each other. Three months ago he lived 55 miles away and moved closer. I am trying to define these boundaries for where I am looking to move is right at about 100 miles. But due to the 60 day notice I am to give I obviously do not have an exact address to my new residence but only a city. Also do I only give him notice or send copy to court also? Unfortunately, nothing I have found is very detailed, my ex is not the nicest and I need to have all my ducks in a row.

I know what city I will be moving to. Just not the specific address, since I cannot secure a place over 60 days in advance.

The court will expect you to know, and to notify both Dad and the court.

By not being able to do so you'll make it easier for Dad to object - please understand that.

I know what city I will be moving to. Just not the specific address, since I cannot secure a place over 60 days in advance.

Thanks for link, but still doesn't specify exactly what 100 miles is. City to City, residence to residence, or my current residence to new. That is what I am trying to find out.

Thanks for link, but still doesn't specify exactly what 100 miles is. City to City, residence to residence, or my current residence to new. That is what I am trying to find out.

Most courts see a mileage limit (50, 100, 150, etc...) as a radius.

Start at point "A" and draw a circle of a _______ mile radius.

(Fill in the mileage)

If point "B" (new residence) falls within the _____ mile radius, you satisfy the requirement.

If it is outside the specified radius, you don't satisfy the requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back