Worry Dad over legal joint custody..

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs035555

HELP>>Joint Legal Custody/Visitation of Dad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joint Legal Custody/Visitation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jurisdiction/Place: USA - New York

I am a re-marry father, I have Legal Joint Custody of my two son from my previous marriage. I have also been a "daddy" to an amazing 13yr and 16 1/2 yrs old boys. When we were divorced I was not in a position to be able to afford a lawyer, and was always told that I had no chance to take joint/custody of or have visitation with my two son who reside in South Carolina. I never pursued the issue since I never dreamed that her mother would ever try to take them away from me since the day of my divorce (2004), especially since I had legal custody and visitation, and maintained a decent relationship with them then and now via phone. Unfortunately over the last couple of years my childs mother reside in SC without a permision from court order and since them I haven't heard from my boys since then, or visitation right since.

It started when I began to notice that the mother and her family interfer relationship between my boys and I. The mother has in them "brainwashing the boys since they were little boys until the present". I am sure that the mother have other man but at the same time putting distance between us"

Things really came to a conclusion when my old boys of 16 yrs old, began to tell me that mom is rectricting me to send pictures, or have any type of comunications, only via phone.

An court order filed on October 12, 2005 in Nassau County by a judge Tammy S. Robbins Index No. V10257,8-05/05A is now in motion of attorney James E. Flood, Jr. that that the MOTHER, shall be permitted to relocate to the state of PA with the minor children, and it further ordered that the mother shall be responsible for the drop-off and pick-up of the children for visitation at the residence home which shall be within NYC and it is further, ORDERED that the father will notify the mother in writing by May 1 of the calendar year, ORDERED that the father shall be entitled to all school and medical records, I will attempt to obtain same and if he cannot then the mother will provide same and it is further ORDERED that the father shall be entitled to attend all school events and that if an authorization is required mother willl sign same and it is further, ORDERED that the mother shall notify the me of the name and telephone number of any counselor or therapist that they are seeing or will see and it is further, ORDERED that the Judement of Divorce between the parties entred March 30, 2005 in the Nassau County Clerk Office shall remain in full force and effect except as modified herein.

As of today, I having been file an Enforcement/Modification against her, and I am worry to loss my kids rights as a father,. I want to put charges against her for 1. violating my father rights and 2. family and boyfriends interfer.

Please help me.......

You did the right thing by filing an Enforcement/Modification petition against her, and you don't need to worry about losing your rights as a father. Frankly, your ex-wife should be concerned since, if she violated a court order, she can face up to 6 months in jail for Contempt of Court. The court will also likely enter a new visitation order; you could also ask the court to modify the custody order if there's been a change of circumstances since the original order was entered (I'd need more details for a more complete response).

In addition, most custody/visitation orders have a clause that specifically tells parents not to speak ill of the other parent in the presence of the children, and not to force the children to choose between parents. If your ex is doing either of those things, she would also most likely be in violation of the order.

It sounds like you have a good case, and you don't need to be worried about losing your rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back