work being done

F

fknight

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hi my husband made a bid to build a large entertainment center for a couple who is building a new home or remodeling it not sure which as they keep going back and forth. anyways we submitted a bid and he went and took the measurements of the one they currently have as they wanted a replica of it. it's 8ft tall 11 ft long with shelves and doors. he told the wife who accepted his bod of 1200$ that we would need 600$ up front for the materials which she gave us by ck 2 weeks ago. we had to wait for the ck to clear so that we weren't out money due to a hot ck so that took from Friday til Tuesday of the next week due to receivING the ck on a Thursday night around 545pm. We weren't able to put the ck in our bank til Friday morning since they were closed. anyways husband told her it would take anywhere from 4 days to 2 weeks. she agreed. Now the husband is threating to call the cops if it isn't finished today (got ck on Oct 7th today is oct 23rd) he's almost got it completed just has to sand it and finish triming it but the trim will be done at their house do to having to take it back apart to deliver it since it's so big and heavy. can the cops do anything about it? he won't have it finished today he will tomorrow though

can the cops do anything about it?

The cops will probably tell you (or the others), it is a civil matter.
I suggest your husband take two witnesses with him to avoid any issues when he delivers the product tomorrow.
In the future don't explain why you (or your husband) failed to perform.
Explanations never help resolve the problem, neither do apologies.
You resolve any disputes by performing as agreed.
Anything less than delivering as agreed, only subjects you to legal liability.
Always under promise, and over deliver, or perform better, faster, than promised.

The other party will claim you took the money and failed to deliver.
You (he) did.
So, avoid the chatter, stop explaining, just deliver what was promised, when it was promised.

The cops will probably tell you (or the others), it is a civil matter.
I suggest your husband take two witnesses with him to avoid any issues when he delivers the product tomorrow.
In the future don't explain why you (or your husband) failed to perform.
Explanations never help resolve the problem, neither do apologies.
You resolve any disputes by performing as agreed.
Anything less than delivering as agreed, only subjects you to legal liability.
Always under promise, and over deliver, or perform better, faster, than promised.

The other party will claim you took the money and failed to deliver.
You (he) did.
So, avoid the chatter, stop explaining, just deliver what was promised, when it was promised.

thank you. I thought it was a civil matter but wasn't sure. He would have had it finished early but he got the flu last weekend and has been down for several days. The wife and I are in constant contact so she knows what's going on. Seems like they don't communicate or something because he said they haven't heard from us since the 7th! We have not given them any excuses until he showed up demanding and yelling yesterday on our door step. he never contacted us only the wife has and shes perfectly fine with the time it's taken. So I don't know what his deal us other than she isn't telling him things.

thank you. I thought it was a civil matter but wasn't sure. He would have had it finished early but he got the flu last weekend and has been down for several days. The wife and I are in constant contact so she knows what's going on. Seems like they don't communicate or something because he said they haven't heard from us since the 7th! We have not given them any excuses until he showed up demanding and yelling yesterday on our door step. he never contacted us only the wife has and shes perfectly fine with the time it's taken. So I don't know what his deal us other than she isn't telling him things.

Perhaps you might want to contact the wife, because you have bene in touch with her, let her know he'll bring the unit over tomorrow.

You could use the call to apologize for the delay, and arrange a delivery and setup time.

Good luck, seems as if all will be well.

yes she's been the one the entire time we've had contact with. I plan on calling her here in a couple minutes and arrangin a time to come tomorrow. thank you

I think as well.... I would get the remaining 600.00 before unloading it from the truck. sounds like this person may attempt to put the screws to you.

Back