Wire transfer

RICHB232002

On June 24, 1015 I did a transfer from bank in NY to Puerto Rico. Bank of NY initiated the transfer to Puerto Rico bsnk.pn June 25 the NY bank called me, to tell me that part of yhe money was return. I understood why after analising it. The routing number was of by one digit. So I called Puerto Rico bank, to ask why they send me part of the money back. They insist that they mever recieve the money. If theyvdid they would hsd still deposited the money, because of the name and acc.# was corect. I called the bank in NYand on my opion they went above and beyond. They provide me with the IMAD that proof when NY bank send the money and when Puerto Rico bank returned the money (parcial). They insist that transaction never happened. Two part question.
1. How does wire transfer work?
2. How could one find out if the bank in Puerto Rico is correct or wrong.

On June 24, 1015 I did a transfer from bank in NY to Puerto Rico. Bank of NY initiated the transfer to Puerto Rico bsnk.pn June 25 the NY bank called me, to tell me that part of yhe money was return. I understood why after analising it. The routing number was of by one digit. So I called Puerto Rico bank, to ask why they send me part of the money back. They insist that they mever recieve the money. If theyvdid they would hsd still deposited the money, because of the name and acc.# was corect. I called the bank in NYand on my opion they went above and beyond. They provide me with the IMAD that proof when NY bank send the money and when Puerto Rico bank returned the money (parcial). They insist that transaction never happened. Two part question.
1. How does wire transfer work?
2. How could one find out if the bank in Puerto Rico is correct or wrong.

Visit the bank IN PERSON that initiated the transfer for you.
Ask to speak to someone that knows about wire transactions.
When you meet that person, ask away.

Back