Will my PO know about a recent

Tyler313

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Summary charge? I'm off probation November 1. Should I tell her or won't she find out because it's a summary offense? I plan on fighting it in court btw.

She'll find out, guaranteed. There is a record somewhere about the charge and about your probation. Computers are ubiquitous and will likely match the two and kick out a notice to her.

Summary charge? I'm off probation November 1. Should I tell her or won't she find out because it's a summary offense? I plan on fighting it in court btw.

A probationer is required to report ANY and ALL negative law enforcement contacts and criminal legal situations to her/his probation officer immediately, as in momentarily after the occurrence.

Failing not to inform the probationer's probation officer as required under the terms of the probationer's probation agreement often results in negative consequences for said probationer.

If you're unsure, reread your copy of the terms of your probation or contact your assigned probation officer, or your former defense attorney.

She'll find out, guaranteed. There is a record somewhere about the charge and about your probation. Computers are ubiquitous and will likely match the two and kick out a notice to her.

You sound pretty confident. You sure there's not a chance since it's only a charge. Not a conviction. I'm fighting it in court and will win because there was no contact. I walked into my house as they were pulling up. They knocked and I ignored

The PA probation officers only have to hit a few keystrokes to get a list of all active charges against you (including summary). I've watched them do this while doing a PSI on someone. You'll have less of an issue if you come clean than if you don't tell them. I can almost guarantee that running your record will be done before your release from probation. It's a matter of course.

You sound pretty confident. You sure there's not a chance since it's only a charge. Not a conviction. I'm fighting it in court and will win because there was no contact. I walked into my house as they were pulling up. They knocked and I ignored

I believe what I want to believe.

You believe what you want to believe.

It's not me that's rolling the dice on my freedom.

You'll come to regret your obstinant recalcitrance, before this matter is adjudicated.

Authority figures don't take kindly to being ignored or disobeyed.
You're right. These pigs in my town think they have more power than they do and they're the reason I'm on probation in the first place. They arrest first and ask questions later. Hence the reason I just walked into my house.

You're right. These pigs in my town think they have more power than they do and they're the reason I'm on probation in the first place. They arrest first and ask questions later. Hence the reason I just walked into my house.

Some things in this life one shouldn't trifle with, flee from, or disobey.

Donald Trump sings about it:

So did The Clash:

You understand that this doesn't mean only if you're convicted, tight?

As an attorney, licensed in at least a dozen US States, designated QC in Australia, licensed at the federal bar, the military court of criminal appeals, I'm almost sure I understand the meaning of CONVICTED.

Being arrested isn't a probation violation (until you are convicted).
Not reporting the arrest is a probation violation.
As I pointed out, the PO has the ability to see filed charges (even at the summary level) before you are tried.

I can guarantee that this condition was in your probation conditions:

You must comply with the laws of the United States, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the community in which you live. Any violation of the law for which a fine or imprisonment may be imposed constitutes a violation of your probation or parole. You must report any new arrest (including citations or summonses) to your Probation Officer within 48 hours.

Pretty sure your choices are why you're on probation...but POs can easily find out if one of their probationers has been arrested. My ex husband has been on probation multiple times in the last 8 years and yes, his PO was notified any time he was arrested on probation. Last year he was on probation starting in Feb - within 2 weeks he was using again and I think had the cops called on him for using a fake 20. Some girl gave it to him and he claimed he didn't know it was fake and then she left him there when the clerk said it was fake. Cops called, they saw he was on probation, they called his PO. They didn't arrest him - said it would get turned over to county attorney (who filed charges about a month or so later) but his PO came and got him. He got a 10 day sanction for that. Then a 30 day sanction when he got charged. The final one he got a 22 day sanction in Nov last year because he got kicked out of the halfway house he was ordered to be in after he failed a UA and they pulled his housing voucher. So...yes even if you just get arrested your PO can definitely find out about it. And if you don't tell them it's not so good for you. But it's now Nov 15 so I wonder how that went for you....

Also cops don't necessarily have to ask questions if they can articulate the crime they suspect you of committing. Not saying all cops are honest or do their job properly...but still. Sounds like your attitude has probably gotten you in a lot of trouble.

LIke I said, I'm familiar with the PA probation departments. All he has to do is look the file up on the computer. He'll see any new charges instantly, even ones that were dismissed/null prossed recently.

Back