will a public defender help me??

U

unknownNneed

Jurisdiction
Texas
I lived with my boyfriend for 9 months. I didnt pay any bills and i was unemployed he supplied all my needs and desires. I moved out of his house and hours later he suggested that i burglurized his home stealing GUNS and 10,000 cash. I had recieved messages from him as well as my mother and brother from my ex with said allegations. I wasnt moved by those threats just by the action of my ex telling others that i stole hos things. I spoke to a detective and i feel like i implicated myself just by telling my story. I didnt steal the things he is saying and I am nervous with the way my volunteered statement went. I didnt honestly believe anything was stolen i thought he was ttying to hurt me.. But the detective has me spooked because he has asked very adamantly about the guns how they look and what kind or how many. I believe i may need a public defender because i may be an accessory after the fact. If the guns were truely stolen.

View this:
Too late to cry about the beans you may have spilled.

If the cops do come back to eat more beans, simply say, "Sorry, I want a lawyer. I invoke my right to remain silent. I have nothing to say about anything."

No matter what tricks may be used, keep smiling, and remain silent.

It's okay to give your name, date of birth, address, or show your drivers license, state ID, or passport.

Just don't discuss the case.

Unless the cops have a warrant, don't permit them to enter your home.

If you're arrested, simply repeat what I told you, be polite, be calm, don't resist.

Army Judge beat me to it. I would have given the same advice and posted the same video.

I have only one thing to add. Don't discuss this with anybody. Not your mother, not your brother, not your friends. Nobody. Anybody you talk to (other than a lawyer) can be hauled into court and compelled to testify against you.

Now, just keep your mouth shut and wait and see what happens.

You aren't going to get a public defender unless you get charged with something.

There are lawyers who give free consultations so you can get some advice at the very least.

Back