What steps to take for my husband to take over rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

losdelgado5

I had my daughter over 2 1/2 yrs. ago. Her bio father has not participated in any part of her life along with not paying child support. he doesn't call, and makes no attempts to do anything, him and his parents have my number which I have never changed, and also an address that he could send things to if he wished. I have moved out of the city that she was born in and the city that he still lives in to be closer to family, I had nowhere to go.( about 350 miles away) He completely abandoned us a month before she was even born. However, before he abandoned us I had told him that I had a specific date set for her birth so that I could continue my education. So unfortunately, he showed up during the birth and signed the birth certificate then left. I will soon be getting married and the man I am marrying wants to adopt my daughter. He is the only daddy she has known. What should I do if I want her bio father to con't to stay out of her life? If I didn't file for child support does he have any rights to disagree the adopting being the dead-beat that he is? are there any nice ways to say please con't to leave us alone? I want absolutely NOTHING from him but for the adoption to go through. I'm afraid to try to contact him bc what if by asking him to transfer his rights he spites me by pretending to want to come into the picture....what should I do? What can I do? Please advise.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back