What if I was a judge and I dismissed the children?

Here is a link to an article.
'America's Got Talent' Child Magicians, Ages 13 and 15, Arrested | News Radio 810 & 103.1 WGY

Anyway, concerning the article, what if I was a judge and I dismissed any charges filed against the children? Or for that matter what if I was a judge and I didn't require them to visit their mom in the first place simply because they didn't want to? What if I was a police officer and I refused to arrest the children?
What if the sky was green that day and what if the grasshoppers overran the tire shops?

Your questions are so hypothetical that they are unanswerable.

Here is a link to an article.
'America's Got Talent' Child Magicians, Ages 13 and 15, Arrested | News Radio 810 & 103.1 WGY

Anyway, concerning the article, what if I was a judge and I dismissed any charges filed against the children? Or for that matter what if I was a judge and I didn't require them to visit their mom in the first place simply because they didn't want to? What if I was a police officer and I refused to arrest the children?
1. But you're not.
2. But you're not.
3. But you're not.

Anyway, concerning the article, what if I was a judge and I dismissed any charges filed against the children?

First of all, what charges? The article to which you linked indicates the children were arrested, but it says nothing about any charges being filed.

Second, your "what if" question makes no sense as phrased. If, in fact, charges were filed and the judge dismissed the charges, then the charges would be dismissed. What does your question even mean?

Or for that matter what if I was a judge and I didn't require them to visit their mom in the first place simply because they didn't want to?

Again with the "what if" question. If a judge didn't make the order, then, presumably, they wouldn't visit with their mother.

What if I was a police officer and I refused to arrest the children?

Then you might face discipline from your employer.

What if the sky was green that day and what if the grasshoppers overran the tire shops?

Exactly.

Would you care to try asking questions that make sense?

what if I was a judge and I didn't require them to visit their mom in the first place simply because they didn't want to?

What if 2,500 angry, naked, insane monkeys; armed with aluminum baseball bats and machetes began to chase me around a mulberry bush?

Either a serious answer or no response at all.
You received answers...appropriate answers based on the ridiculous question(s). Please read the TOS of this site.

There are many legal debate forums available...this forum isn't one of them. Google is your friend.

Anyway, concerning the article, what if I was a judge and I dismissed any charges filed against the children?

If you as a judge properly dismissed the charges then that's the end of the case. If you didn't have a proper basis for dismissal then you could expect that your decision would be overturned on appeal.

Or for that matter what if I was a judge and I didn't require them to visit their mom in the first place simply because they didn't want to?

Same answer.

Expect that your superiors in the police department would (1) assign other officers to make the arrest and (2) discipline you for not doing your job, which may include termination from the police department.

One way or another, a valid court order is going to be enforced, whether the kids like that or not.

Back