Assault & Battery Was I convicted..or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motherofone

My jurisdiction is: Massachusetts

Hello, I'm currently applying to a job which requires a CORI check before hiring and there is one arrest on my record which I'm confused about.

In 2006, while I was moving out of my (ex)husband's house, we had an arguement. The neighbors heard us yelling and called the police. My (now ex)husband did not want me to leave and, out of anger and hurt feelings, had me arrested. I was charged with two felony counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (my "weapons" were a tealight candle and a 12oz. plastic cup - neither of which were actually thrown AT him but rather, I'd tossed the items into a box at his feet, while I was packing) and one misdemeanor charge of assault for "pushing" him (again, it was bogus, as I did not push him. I simply bumped into his arm while squeezing past him with a heavy box in my hands, while trying to exit through a door he was blocking with his body).
Anyway, the next morning I was arraigned, plead not guilty, and a month later I went to court for a pre-trial, at which time the judge simply said the case would be "continued without a finding, for a one year probationary period".

Here's my question - is that the same as a conviction? And, will it show up on my CORI?

No it's not a conviction, it means that if you don't screw up for a year the charges get dropped. You never went bak to court did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back