Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Warrant for Citation Missed Court Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

worriedmama

My son received a warrant regarding a missed court date appearance. We found out that it's for underage drinking. He swears that he has never been approached by an officer nor given his license over to any officer (except for one speeding ticket) and has never received this citation issued over one year ago. In point of fact, the address is my home address and we have never received anything in the mail as well. I understand that we may not receive anything, but this is just crazy. He needs to appear immediately. Do we need a lawyer?

It is unlikely that he did not receive the ticket. While it is possible that someone else had his ID, with a false ID they would have one that shows they are of legal age. You can call the clerk and get a court date. If you can prove he was somewhere else, you may have a shot at dismissal.

Your son is hiding something from you. The chances that someone else used his ID and your address is pretty much slim to nada. Your son just didn't tell you something and now he needs to turn himself in. Just bewarned he better not lie about it because they can verify it by fingerprints, if they have any, Or signature. Get a lawyer of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back