Wage Garnishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflyers

I hope someone can answer this question for me...
I am paying child support for my three kids... 19, 18, and 16.
I am going to modify the support order next month after my 18 year old graduates high school. I will then only be paying child support for my 16 year old. I have my wages garnished weekly. I am married now and have two other children. My wife can not work. She is temporarily disabled and I am now falling a little behind on some bills. If I were to get a second job to compensate for the money I am paying in support, can they then start garnishing from that place of employment also? I am not complaining about paying child support. I never have. But, I would like to enjoy some things in life and would like to make some extra money. I will not get another job on the side if they are going to just take more money from that check.

You really need to read your state's child support guidelines and see what they say for second jobs. Where I am, AZ does not consider second jobs but some states do. Also, are these children with your wife yours, or step kids? Biological kids might reduce support as subsequent children. Most states have their guidelines online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back