Visitation in Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyinBama

I would like to know why the law for visitation in Alabama is such that anyone can pick up my children if their father deems them a "responsible adult"? Also, I have been told that he does not have to be present at any point once my children are picked up.

Basically, I was told that he can have anyone pick my children up and they can stay with whomever for the weekend without my ex being there or even showing his face. I would like to know if this is a fact and if there is anything I can do to change this law?

I do not want my children picked up by just anyone and I do not think that if their father is the one with the visitation that he should be able to pawn them off to anyone he pleases. Please supply me with the correct person to contact to address this law and the code of the law so that I may further investigate and try to get it changed so that their father should have to be with them for his visitation.

I appreciate any help you can offer!

Sincerely,
Lucy

...I do not want my children picked up by just anyone and I do not think that if their father is the one with the visitation that he should be able to pawn them off to anyone he pleases. Please supply me with the correct person to contact to address this law and the code of the law so that I may further investigate and try to get it changed so that their father should have to be with them for his visitation....

Then don't give your kids to anyone but pa. Isn't that what it says in the judgment in your lawsuit?

If you don't like a law, talk to your legislator.

Visitation specifics

It is written in the divorce that he is to pick them up but even though it is written this way I am told that he can have anyone pick them up if he deems them responsible, that is the problem.

I would love to write my legislature but I do not know the exact code of this law or the exact wording. I would like to be able to enclose the information when contacting them.

Thanks,
Lucy

...It is written in the divorce that he is to pick them up but even though it is written this way I am told that he can have anyone pick them up if he deems them responsible, that is the problem....

Who is telling you this? Ask whoever it is to supply you with the law on that (that is, the exact statute number) and then post it here.

Who is telling you this? Ask whoever it is to supply you with the law on that (that is, the exact statute number) and then post it here.[/QUOTE]

This is the reason for my inquiry, I want to know the truth and if there is such a law. I am being told by my lawyer that anyone can pick my children up if their father deems them "responsible", which is a laugh in itself.

I joined this forum to find out if anyone could help me in clearing this up and in hopes of getting the information I need to proceed with getting something done about this so called freedom of who can pick up my children. It seems as though this forum is mainly opinion oriented with no help from anyone who actually knows the laws of Alabama.

Is there anyone out there who knows the laws of Alabama? If so can you please help me get the information I need to fight the way that Alabama totally disregards the well being of our children in a visitation situation.

Thanks for your input,
Lucy

...This is the reason for my inquiry, I want to know the truth and if there is such a law. I am being told by my lawyer that anyone can pick my children up if their father deems them "responsible", which is a laugh in itself....

Then ask your lawyer for the statute number and post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back