violation of rights

Stephanie Moore

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I live in Larimer County Colorado. I have had a low income voucher since 2009. (In Arizona from 2009-2017) I was homeless for a year before I moved into a section 8 apartment and have had many of my rights violated since. In some cases everyone living here has. To save time and length of discussion my biggest problem is this: On Nov. 15th my boyfriend and I were arrested from his car in the parking lot. We were there because there is a rule at the apartments states that we are only allowed 14 overnights within a rental year. I wanted to be with him and they woudnt let him come in. (There is a check in front desk and they tresspass people if they are here when told to leave also put me on visitor restriction if I have over the 14 overnights. Nobody is alowed to even visit me.) Because of a sexualt assault/rape that i filed a police report a year prior and the man still lives 7 doors down from me. They have done nothing to help me. So we were arrested because he was tresspassing and I had misdameanor warrants from 2018. His car got towed and he lost it because the bill was already too much to pay when he got out. I spent 3 months in jail and when I came home now the management is allowing my boyfriend back into my home everynight since Feb. 23. I have been told to move out but no help in finding another section 8 place and no where to go. what can I do?
Also, whille in jail I had to go to medical and get a pelvic/pap exam. There was a trans that was in the exam room with me. I wasnt given a warning or a choice for him/her to be there holding my leg up in sturrup formation. A detective told me to talk to a lawyer. But what kind of lawyer? Thanks for any replies.

Nothing in the first paragraph of your post suggests any violation of rights.

As for the medical exam, I don't see what the person's status as "trans" has to do with anything, and it's odd that you omitted any mention of what this person's role was. Was he/she a nurse?

Back