Verbally abusive sister who is a lawyer

M

Mellen23

Jurisdiction
Michigan
My sister is a lawyer, I don't belive she practices very much, ie has not had many clients, but mainly works as a waitress. I am a part time Real Estate agent, full time paramedic and have 4 children. My sister hired me to list her house. Within 7 weeks of listing, we had an offer on the house. My sister rejected the offer and told me to tell them thanks but it's too low. I informed her that the process is that she counter offers. She rejected that and said she needed to know exact numbers for closing, when I told her it would be a certain percentage. She became verbally abusive telling me that I didn't know how to do my job and that I am very unprofessional. I encouraged her to counter with a higher amount. She informed me a few days later that she needed to know what I was licensed as, and that I should know she would be verifying what I told her. She then informed me that she had contacted another attorney and that if I wasn't family, she would turn me in for harrassment and I would lose my real estate license. I informed her to contact my broker for a second opinion and she became very angry and refused to work with him. A few days after that incident, i contacted her via text around noon and told her my broker would like her to contact him or have her attorney contact him. She texted back at 11:30 at night, extremely after business hours, and became verbally abusive again. She first informed me that some people have a real job and cant play on the internet all day, telling me how unprofessional I am and accusing me of lying to her about how long the contract should be. She asked for a copy of the contract, which I admit I hadn't sent her, but in 7 weeks she never asked for it either. What can I do about this situation?

What do you want to do about the situation?
Frankly, I'm not sure you can do anything about a cranky relative.
The ones I have I avoid and ignore.
Life's so much easier that way.
As far as your failure to send her the contract, I suggest you discuss with your broker how that can be remedied.

What can I do about this situation?

That's easy.

You have a listing contract.
She breached it.
Sue her for the commission.

(Did you miss that part of real estate class? ;))

If you aren't willing and able to sue your lunatic sister, then tear up the contract and move on.

This is a good example of why you NEVER do business with family.

Back