Vacation according to the Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvsspike

My jursidiction is Nevada.

The custody order that my ex and I have states that each of us is entitled to a two week vacation with our sons during the year. My ex took me to court last year saying that I was in contempt for actually tacking on the two weeks after his regular week of custody. The judge did not find me in contempt and instead claifyed the order saying that the two weeks or 14 days could be taken any time as long as one parent wasn't away from the other for more than two weeks. So if we chose to use the 14 days stipulated in the order we would have to break them up into two 7 day blocks. After my ex complained that he could never do that because of his work, the judge explained that he could even break the 14 vacation days into one or two days tacked on to a weekend before or after. I have chosen to use one week (7 days) at the end of July. About three weeks ago I sent a certified letter (the method of notice stipulated in the order) requesting July 9-July 11 to use two more days of my vacation time. The problem lies in the fact that my ex has not picked up the certified letter. I have sent two emails with the letter attached which he has not responded to. I specifically asked him to respond. I have made plans with out-of-town family for these days. These two days are in the middle of his regular week visitation. I am concerned that he will not bring the kids to me during this time. What are my options or next step? By the way, he has NEVER taken one day of vacation time with the kids. He tries to be as difficult as possible because he is angry with me. Any adivce would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back