using security as rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

anothervictim

i have a few questions

1. we gave landlord written 30 day notice to use our security as rent because he never told us where it was deposited and never gave us a yearly statement or a check for interest earned requiredby law. Now he calls and gave us 30 days verbal notice to be out. can he do this?

2. we have a severe bug infestation that he was aware of when we moved in and he wont do anything, I called the board of health now he is trying to evict us for doing this along with the above.

3. There is no CO on the house except the one he got when he 1st bought the house 4 years ago. The town requires a new CO with each new tenant. Can he evict us if he has not followed the law?

4. If we paid the rent 1 day late he charged us a late fee. Is this allowed or does the 5 day grace period apply here?

Tell us what your written lease says in answer to all your questions.

Dont have a written lease was an oral lease 3+ years ago.

He refuses to make any repairs which the state says he has to make before they return our kids.

I know the township says he must get a new CO for each tenant. He never got one at all except for the one when he bought the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back