Union won settlement

Steven cole

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Union won me my job back through settlement agreement, was wondering how long the company has to legally pay me my back pay once the settlement agreement is signed?

Is it legal that my termination slip doesn't have the day of the month on it? It has the month and the year just no day of the month, if not how long do I have to fight this ?

Union won me my job back through settlement agreement, was wondering how long the company has to legally pay me my back pay once the settlement agreement is signed?

What does the settlement agreement say about this? If it doesn't say anything, why do you believe the employer has the obligation to give you back-pay? If it doesn't say anything and the agreement hasn't been signed, then you should discuss this with your union rep and/or the lawyer that the union hired to represent you in whatever proceeding is happening.

Is it legal that my termination slip doesn't have the day of the month on it?

There is no law that requires a "termination slip," much less which dictates the contents of such a thing. It's possible that the collective bargaining agreement says something about this, but obviously, no one here will know anything about that.

It has the month and the year just no day of the month, if not how long do I have to fight this ?

Fight what?

Ask your union rep what the union's position is and if they know whether the company sees it the same way. The whole point of a union is that your union is the intermediary between the union members and management. The union struck the deal. It should know what to expect with regards to how fast things will be done.

Back